1. Remove Sugar
The worst perpetrator for anyone who wishes for strong, cavity-free teeth, is Sugar. Which should be eliminated as much as possible to regain a healthy smile! So kick that sugar addiction to the curb! Not only does sugar nurse oral microorganisms that averts a healthy current of dental juices, but it’s extremely acidic and will and can destroy the physical structure of teeth that create dental decay.
In other words stay away from soda, candy and baked goods with sugar. As an alternative to sugar, use raw agave nectar and maple syrup or other alternative sweeteners. It is also recommended to slow down on the intake of fruit juices, as too much sugar will contribute to cavity formation. Be wary of artificial sweeteners since they are known to accompany several health risks. Bottom line: Make stevia your new best friend along with agave nectar in moderation!
2. Eliminate Phytic Acid
Phytic acid (phytate) is a mineral blocker and enzyme inhibitor in grains, nuts, seeds and beans that can cause grave health problems in our diets. The primary cause of phytic acid is a concern is due to ancient food preparation techniques, such as sprouting or sourdough fermentation, which kills off the phytic acid has halted. We consume foods containing increasing amounts of phytic using modern high-phosphate fertilizers than those grown in natural compost, try to only eat foods that are organic and GMO-free.
Phytic acid not only thwarts your body’s ability to absorb the minerals in your food, but it also pulls minerals out of your body, bones and teeth!
Consequently, the dominant anti-nutritional properties of phytic acid have been identified to cause digestive ailments, loss of appetite, nutrient deficiencies and tooth deterioration.
If you’re aiming to improve your health and reverse cavities naturally, foods high in phytic acid like grains, beans, nuts and soy should be avoided. Another route you can take is by soaking grains or nuts and then sprout them or do sourdough fermentation. By doing this, you can reduce phytic acid by around 50 percent to 100 percent.
3. Eat Food With High Nutritional Value
Remember, if you’re going to beat tooth decay, you need to increase your fat-soluble vitamin intake and mineral intake. If I were creating an ideal diet to follow, it would look like this:
· Rich in animal foods like bone broth, meat, fish and eggs.
· Raw and cooked vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables.
· Raw dairy like kefir, cheese and grass-fed butter.
· Fruit, one piece daily early in day.
· Vitamin D — get plenty of sunshine, and days not in sun supplement with 5,000IU daily of D3.
· Foods high in healthy fats like coconut oil, avocado, olives, and fish or fermented cod liver oil.
· Fermented grains only and in moderation, such as true sourdough bread (or even better no grains at all). You can buy raw flours and breads.
· Nuts, seeds and beans only that have been sprouted.
· Finally, NO processed foods, packaged foods or fast food.
4. Use Mineralizing Toothpaste
I know there are several brands of fluoride-free toothpaste that are available to you. Second, if you’re looking to save a buck or two and also want to remineralize your teeth in a uniquely potent way, try Naturally Nyarai’s Mineralizing Tooth Powder! The Mineralizing Tooth Powder is the BEST HOMEMADE TOOTH POWDER that you could purchase!
5. Try Oil Pulling
Used for Thousands of Years by Ayurvedic medicine, oil pulling is a fantastic oral detoxification procedure that has gained some popularity in the U.S. the last several years. Simply done by swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, this simple oral detoxification procedure has been praised to cure everything from gingivitis to headaches to systemic diseases like diabetes.
If you can’t do 20 minutes, three to five minutes is still good. I recommend using coconut oil or MCT oil and a drop or two of clove and/or tea tree essential oils for maximal antiseptic and antifungal power.
Here are some tips:
· The best time to oil pull (like most other detoxification procedures) is first thing in the morning right after you get out of bed.
· Don’t let the 20-minute time frame deter you. You won’t even notice 20 minutes have gone by if you do this during your normal morning routine (i.e., while you shower, put your clothes on and prep for the day).
· I then recommend that you spit the spent oil in the trash rather than into the sink, as an accumulation of oil could pose problems for household plumbing down the road.
· Immediately afterward, rinse your mouth out with warm water. Use salt water for added antimicrobial properties.
· Don’t be shocked if the oil/saliva mixture you spit out is milky white or yellow.
· Finally, brush your teeth as normal.
Note: This should be a relatively relaxing process, so don’t feel compelled to vigorously swish your mouth with oil for the entire time or else you’re bound to get sore jaw muscles. Simply and gently move the oil in your mouth and through your teeth without swallowing any of it.
Takeaways on How to Reverse Cavities Naturally
· According to the understandings of Dr. Edward Mellanby, Dr. Weston Price and Ramiel Nagel, there are four core things that increase to tooth decay: deficiency of minerals in the diet (calcium, magnesium and phosphorus); deficiency of fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K, especially vitamin D deficiency); high intake of phytic acid-rich foods; and high intake of processed sugar.
· YOU CAN reverse cavities naturally by removing sugar, eliminating phytic acid, consuming raw dairy and nutrient-rich foods, using mineralizing toothpaste, and try oil pulling.
In a nutshell, these are the best ways to naturally reverse cavities. Take charge of your oral wellness today, and show off your new, healthy smile with pride!